Imagine what it would feel like to transform your iPhone into your observatory, turning this nifty technology into a miniature telescope to study the surrounding universe. Does this sound too good to be true?
Our top pick for the best monocular for iPhone is the Gosky 12x55 High Definition Monocular Telescope. It comes with an iPhone adapter/mount that allows you to take photos with your iPhone through the monocular lens. The unit is water, shock, and fog proof, making it perfect for outdoor enthusiasts.
However, if you are ready to try the best monocular for iPhone, there is a good chance that you will be whistling a different tune. In combination with the built-in camera, you can use this device not only as an iPhone “telescope ” but also as your telescope.
Here are the smartphone monocular telescope reviews.
Table of Contents
- Best Monoculars For iPhone – Comparison Table
- How Does Monocular for iPhone Work?
- Advantages of Monocular With iPhone Support
- Can I Record Monocular Viewing with my iPhone?
- What to Look for?
- Best Monocular for iPhone
- Key References
Best Monoculars For iPhone – Comparison Table
How Does Monocular for iPhone Work?
The operation of the monocular for the iPhone is very straightforward and simple. Think of it as one half of a binocular pair.
- There are a couple of magnifying glasses with an aluminum barrel/tubular steel, a focus and magnifying ring, as well as a couple of other hardware pieces that you can use to magnify the action around you and in the sky.
- The best thing about the monocular for iPhone is that it also works as a telephoto lens for a telescope lens for your iPhone camera.
- All you need to do is hold the eyepiece over your iPhone’s primary camera lens, and it will instantly increase the zoom capabilities by up to 12x.
- This is enough to take great photos of the stars and moon at night.
Advantages of Monocular With iPhone Support
Most of the people these days are probably glued to their phones.
- With the growing popularity of picture-based social apps like Snapchat and Instagram, more and more people are looking for ways to get great photos on their phones.
- One way to do this is to use a monocular adapter to mount your iPhone behind a monocular.
- This allows you to adjust the iPhone and monocular neatly to get a good picture of both.
- Social media junkies seeking a new way to take fun photos may be interested in the iPhone’s best monocular.
Can I Record Monocular Viewing with my iPhone?
Yes. You can record monocular viewing with your iPhone using the digits coping adapter that works with almost any iPhone for a steady view.
What to Look for?
One of the primary reasons to choose monoculars for iPhone over binoculars is their compact size.
- Monoculars are basically a half pair of binoculars. As such, they are about half the weight and size. However, that does not mean that all monoculars are the same size.
- Differences in design may cause drastic differences in size. For example, some models have a focus ring that wraps around the main body, resulting in a streamlined monocular.
- Others have a separate focus wheel on top of the main telescope, making it much larger.
Generally, most monoculars weigh less than one pound. Some models are relatively close to that one-pound bar, while others weigh well under half a pound. It doesn’t seem like a big difference, but you will feel that extra weight after looking at it for a few minutes.
Magnification is a measurement of how larger an object appears when viewed through the lens.
- If a monocular offers 12x magnification, anything seen through will appear twelve times larger.
- Another possibility is that the object appears twelve times closer. Monoculars are available in a variety of magnification levels.
- Often, you can even choose between multiple levels of magnification on the same monocular.
- If you want to see objects far away, you should choose a monocular with a higher magnification.
D) Image Quality
The purpose of a monocular is to improve an individual’s viewing capability. So, it is wise to think that image quality is one of the most important considerations when comparing monoculars.
- Some things to keep in mind are brightness, clarity, and visibility. The viewing range of a monocular determines how far you can see with it and can be significantly affected by magnification.
- Clarity refers to the sharpness of your image. You don’t want the image to be clear in the center while the edges are blurred.
- And if the image is not bright, you won’t have a comfortable viewing experience in all lighting conditions.
In many cases, monoculars are used outdoors. Bird watchers, hunters, and those who attend sports games use a monocular for better vision.
- However, this leads to possible contamination by dust, water, etc. Fortunately, manufacturers have considered this by offering weather-resistant models.
- Suppose you know that you will use your monocular outdoors. In that case, we recommend looking for the most reliable weather protection you can find.
Best Monocular for iPhone
Here are the top 6 best monoculars with iPhone support on the market today:
1. Gosky 12×55 High Definition Monocular Telescope
The Gosky 12×55 High Definition Monocular Telescope comes with an iPhone holder perfect for wildlife photographers who are taking a break from their professional cameras.
- This Gosky monocular includes a BAK-4 prism for improved vision, a multilayer green lens coating, and filter light for a brighter image.
- Not only does it offer excellent brightness and light transmission for a high-quality image, but it’s also very durable.
- This best monocular for iPhone 11 pro max is equipped with a durable rubber armor that increases its resistance to falls and the elements.
- Also, the rubber makes the grip more comfortable and more convenient.
- This best monocular telescope for smartphone allows you to see up to 325 feet and has a 6.5-degree angle of view. Its waterproof, fog-free, and shock-absorbing qualities make this unit ideal for intense, action-packed outdoor activities and withstand harsh weather conditions.
2. Vabogu Monocular Telescope 12×50 High Power Monocular
The Vabogu Monocular Telescope offers a high magnification of about 1000 meters, so you can enjoy the scenery and wildlife on an adventure with Mother Nature.
- It has the latest optical technology. This high definition monocular telescope has night vision in low light conditions, so you can keep up with the scenery even when night falls.
- This monocular has an iPhone mount, a tripod, and a BAK 4 prism for high-resolution images.
- Besides the BAK4 prism, this monocular features the latest optical technology and a multilayer lens for superior brightness and light transmission to ensure clear images.
- This best monocular for cell phone sports an efficient design and can be used continuously in any weather.
- It is waterproof, dust-proof, and fog-proof. You don’t have to worry about your iPhone because the Vabogu Monocular Telescope is compatible with all iPhones on the market.
3. VIVREAL Monocular Telescope
Our favorite feature of this unit is its incredibly affordable price. There aren’t many monoculars out there for this price, so we weren’t expecting too much from this one.
- Surprisingly, it delivers an excellent performance. This monocular is waterproof to IPX7 thanks to the nitrogen purge.
- It provides a wide field of view of 1000 meters. You even get a mountable tripod for a stable display and an iPhone adapter/mount that allows you to take photos with your iPhone through the monocular lens.
- Unsurprisingly, however, the picture quality on this device is not the best.
- The images were a bit blurry and never seemed perfectly sharp except for the center of the lens.
4. Oxxyt Monocular Telescope
The Oxxyt Monocular Telescope has a great viewing distance of about 1, 000 meters, thanks to its high-resolution magnification.
- It features a multi-coated lens that offers a truer round, which translates to better edge-to-edge sharpness and light transmission.
- This unit comes with an iPhone holder that allows you to attach the monocular to your phone’s camera.
- It is compatible with most iPhone models. It features durable rubber armor and a non-slip grip that makes it comfortable to use.
- The O-ring sealed optics and fog-resistant coating prevent debris, dust, and moisture from keeping the unit clear all the time.
- The twist-up eyecup design of the Oxxyt Monocular Telescope makes it comfortable to use.
- Additionally, its ergonomic design helps you focus on the target accurately and quickly with just one hand.
5. Gosky Titan 12×50 Monocular
The Gosky Titan 12 × 50 is one of the best options for all kinds of outdoor activities (bird watching, hunting, hiking, and wildlife viewing).
- It offers 12x magnification, and the lens measures 50mm for bright and clear images.
- While the optics can’t be compared to more sophisticated monoculars, they are suitable for the money.
- One of the coolest features of the Gosky Titan 12×50 is the Quick Align smartphone adapter, which is compatible with all iPhone models.
- This monocular allows you to take pictures and videos of what you are watching to share the views with others.
- Overall, we love the construction of this monocular with iPhone support, which feels very durable.
- The rubber armor offers some impact resistance as well as water and dust resistance.
6. MYWISH Powerful Monocular Telescope
The MYWISH Powerful Monocular Telescope comes with a stable tripod mount and cell phone clip that allows you to take great photos outdoors.
- It allows you to capture high-quality videos and images with multilayer lenses for brighter and clear images.
- It magnifies up to 10x and uses 60mm objective lenses.
- This best monocular for stargazing is comfortable to hold as it comes with a no-slip grip. The grip is lightweight and minimizes vibrations for functionality and comfort.
- Users can expect comfort with this unit thanks to its flexible eyecups.
- The adjustable focus ring is smooth and shaky hands won’t be a problem.
- It is compatible with all iPhone models.
- The MYWISH Powerful Monocular Telescope is excellent for any outdoor activity that needs viewing, such as bird watching, hiking, hunting, archery, target-shooting, and many more.
Our top recommendation for the best monocular for iPhone is the Gosky 12x55 High Definition Monocular Telescope. It features an iPhone adapter/mount, which allows you to capture photos with your iPhone via the monocular lens. The unit is waterproof, shockproof, and fog proof, making it ideal for outdoor enthusiasts.
The best monocular for iPhone is an impressive addition to any outdoor sports enthusiast’s tools. If you want to leave your heavy and bulky camera at home, you can connect it to your iPhone and view the beauty of your surroundings.
You can also use it to zoom in on images like wildlife or tree details in the distance.
- “Monocular buyer’s guide – ScopeUout NZ”. Accessed December 05, 2020. Link.