Whether you are a marksman, bird watcher, or hiker, a proper binocular chest pack is essential to have your optics ready, so you don’t miss any action. The best binocular chest pack will not only keep your binoculars safe but also hands-free.
Our top pick for the best binocular chest pack is the Badlands Bino XR Camouflage Binocular & Rangefinder Case. This binocular chest pack doubles as a backpack. It offers users a storage compartment that protects them from the elements. Access to the binoculars is easy thanks to the magnetic lock. The 4-point chest pack has padded vents and cushions that help keep you cool on the go. It can fit different types of binoculars.
Table of Contents
- Best Binocular Chest Packs – Comparison Table
- What is a Binocular Chest Pack?
- What Can you Store in the Binocular Chest Pack?
- What to Look for?
- Best Binocular Harness Reviews
- 1. TIDEWE Bino Harness with Rangefinder Pouch & Rain Cover Review
- 2. Badlands Bino XR Camouflage Binocular & Rangefinder Case Review
- 3. Leap Outdoors Binocular Harness Chess Pack Review
- 4. SITKA Gear Mountain Optics Camo Hunting Harness Review
- 5. T.O.M HORIZONS Binoculars Harness Case Pack Review
- 6. Horn Hunter OP-X Bino Harness System Combo Stone Review
- Key References
Best Binocular Chest Packs – Comparison Table
What is a Binocular Chest Pack?
A binocular chest pack is a medium-sized harness that allows you to carry your binoculars safely and conveniently. It also offers good storage and protection from dirt, dust, and more. The device is hands-free because you don’t have to hold it when you’re not using it. There are also additional compartments for other things like gadgets, cards, or keys.
What Can you Store in the Binocular Chest Pack?
- Cell phone
- Adapter case
- Optics cleaner
- Insect repellent
- Hand warmers
What to Look for?
Here are the 6 important factors to consider when shopping for the best bino chest pack for your hunting or hiking.
A) Type of Attachment
Whether full or basic, binocular straps are supplied with a variety of closure and attachment types. Some come with clips and are equipped with laces. Also, you can find different straps with Velcro, loops, and hooks. Just choose the right one for your needs. Magnetic clips are generally the best option because they do not make a lot of noise, keeping everything very secure.
B) Shoulder Straps
Padded shoulder straps are a better option if you’ll be wearing the chest pack for long hours. Thanks to the additional padding, there is less strain on your muscles, and you can comfortably wear your chest pack for a long time.
C) Binocular Case
The chest pack with binoculars case is handy if you want to protect your binoculars from scratches or bumps. The binocular harness case also makes your binoculars shockproof in one way or another, and you don’t have to worry if you drop them accidentally.
The most commonly used material for chest pack straps is nylon. Most of the available chest packs have nylon straps. For the binocular cases for hunting, the most commonly used fabric is the waterproof fabric KXO-32. The padded shoulder straps are made of polyurethane. These materials have proven to be the most economical and functional options available.
When durability is a concern, the binoculars chest bag with cases are the best as they’ll also make your binoculars impact-resistant. However, these chest packs are also a bit expensive compared to the bagged chest packs.
The type of chest pack you choose depends on your preferences. Suppose you only need one way to make your binoculars easier to carry. In that case, a binocular strap chest pack should be ideal. However, if you have a lot of extra equipment with you, like a tripod, lens caps, or a cleaning cloth, consider a backpack chest pack. They come with a pocket for binoculars and additional space for other essential accessories.
Best Binocular Harness Reviews
Here are the top 6 best binocular chest packs on the market today:
1. TIDEWE Bino Harness with Rangefinder Pouch & Rain Cover Review
If the comfort and style you are looking for, the TIDEWE Bino Harness with Rangefinder Pouch & Rain Cover is a superb option. Here is the Tidewe Bino Harness review.
- This lightweight and secure binocular chest pack holds binoculars to the body firmly without being uncomfortable.
- Also, this best binocular harness with rangefinder is easy to wear and adjust to fit your upper body.
- The binoculars are easily accessible, and you can grab them within seconds thanks to the u-shape pocket.
- You need not worry about the binoculars or the strap getting in your way as it offers you a relaxed way to carry your binos.
- The durable nylon straps in this TIDEWE binocular harness won’t chafe or rub your skin.
- Beyond that, it is very versatile as it can hold rangefinders and cameras.
- Reasonably priced
- Ergonomic carry design
- Comfortable and breathable
- Sturdy shoulder strap
- The rangefinder case isn’t magnetic.
2. Badlands Bino XR Camouflage Binocular & Rangefinder Case Review
If you are looking for a chest pack that will support the weight of your binoculars and any additional gear, the Badlands Bino XR is for you.
- One of the advantages of this Badlands bino harness is that it works as a bino pack or case.
- Besides the storage compartment for binoculars, this best binocular rangefinder combo comes with side pockets for cloth, lens caps, or a bird-watching book.
- This binocular chest harness can hold different types of binoculars and is easily accessible thanks to a magnetic lock. Also, it is convenient to use.
- The Badlands Bino XR Camouflage Binocular & Rangefinder Case has padded cushions to reduce stress on the back and shoulders.
- This best hunting chest pack also includes vents to keep you cool on the go.
- Suitable for almost all binocular sizes.
- A one-handed, quiet magnetic clasp.
- It can carry up to a 1-liter tank.
- Durable and comfortable shoulder straps.
- It can be too roomy for standard binoculars.
3. Leap Outdoors Binocular Harness Chess Pack Review
The Leap Outdoors Binocular Harness Chess Pack is designed to be mobile and comfortable.
- The straps in this best binocular harness for hunting are not only adjustable, but they also divide the weight on the shoulders equally.
- Additionally, the mesh body of the straps puts less pressure on the shoulders to prevent strains. The binocular covers will keep your device close to your chest to avoid unwanted bumps.
- The additional binocular straps help eliminate any chances of accidental drops.
- The compartments of this best binocular harness for birding are spacious enough to hold all your gear correctly.
- The Leap Outdoors Binocular Harness Chess Pack guarantees your mobility as it keeps everything in position.
- Durable material
- Lightweight design
- Silent removal and on-handed operation.
- Padded back for extra comfort.
- It might small for some binoculars.
4. SITKA Gear Mountain Optics Camo Hunting Harness Review
The Sitka Mountain Optics Camo Hunting Harness is designed to give you the best possible comfort.
- This waterproof bino harness is lightweight, ergonomic, and offers a clear line of sight.
- This binocular chest pack can fit the 8x and 10x Binoculars and weighs just 8.55 oz.
- Protecting your binos is a must, and Sitka understands that. A permanent water repellent finish was added that can withstand light rain.
- This best binocular strap can also prevent snow and rain from wetting your precious binos. This best binoculars harness for hunting features a silent, one-handed front flap for your binoculars.
- The removable and modular side pockets can hold cell phones, GPS, rangefinders, or other accessories for quiet and quick access.
- The many elastic pockets on this unit offer ample storage compartments for wind gauge. The SITKA Gear Mountain Optics Camo Hunting Harness comes with a practical lens cloth that keeps your optics sharp and clean.
- Suitable for heavy binoculars.
- Waterproof materials
- Roll up the velcro strips.
- Comes with a handy lens cloth.
- Elastic cord protects your binocular.
- Quite pricey
5. T.O.M HORIZONS Binoculars Harness Case Pack Review
This product stands out among binocular chest packs. The T. O.M HORIZONS Binoculars Harness Case Pack comes with a zipper, which provides an additional security feeling.
- This best bino harness has 3 additional removable compartments for rangefinders and other necessary equipment for avid outdoor adventurers.
- This best hunting chest pack designed to last and withstand all weather conditions.
- The extra compartments attached to it offer more space for your additional gear. It’s spacious enough for both large and small binoculars.
- The T.O.M HORIZONS Binoculars Harness Case Pack makes it easier for avid hikers and hunters as it offers additional compartments for their gear.
- The color makes it perfect for camouflage while hunting.
- Its adjustable straps fit all binos.
- Easy to carry
- Made from weatherproof material.
- Padded shoulder straps offer additional support.
- The pouch is too bulky.
6. Horn Hunter OP-X Bino Harness System Combo Stone Review
The Horn Hunter OP-X Bino Harness System Combo Stone is a lightweight binocular chest pack.
- This best binocular chest pack comes with an additional rangefinder case and additional loop cases to hold your side gears.
- This best bino harness system is supported by a rainfly to protect your binos from water. The magnetic shutter allows for easier and faster access to the interior.
- The lightweight design of this Horn hunter binocular case makes it easy to take with you on your hike. A sturdy backrest offers additional support for the shoulder straps.
- This binocular and rangefinder chest pack ensures that there is no pressure on your back and shoulders.
- You can easily mount most of your roof Prism binos on it.
- The construction of the Horn Hunter OP-X Bino Harness System Combo Stone is durable and sturdy.
- The lightweight design makes it easy to carry.
- Solid backrest for comfort.
- Adjustable strap
- Magnetic flip allows easy access.
- The rainfly protects your devices from water.
- Suitable for smaller binos.
Our top recommendation for the best binocular chest pack is the Badlands Bino XR Camouflage Binocular & Rangefinder Case.
- The Badlands chest pack is already featured as a backpack and provides users a storage compartment that protects them from the elements.
- Access to the binoculars is easy thanks to the magnetic lock.
- The 4-point chest pack has padded vents and cushions that help keep you cool on the go.
- It can fit different types of binoculars.
The best binocular chest pack offers you easy access to your device. You don’t have to apply a lot of pressure when removing or storing your binos.
- “waterproof fabric KXO-32” – Badlands Fabrics. Accessed December 01, 2020. Link.