Best French Press For Camping: There’s nothing more energy inducing and comforting than having a good cup of coffee when you are out in a survival situation or just camping. Without it, you may never leave your campsite and end up freezing to death. The methods of brewing coffee are diverse – you have classic espresso, cold brew, pour-over, and much more.
Our top pick for the best French press for camping is the Belwares Large French Press Coffee Maker. With a capacity of 50 ounces, it is one of the largest French presses on the market, making it perfect for camping trips!
Table of Contents
- Best French Press – Comparison Table
- What is a French Press Coffee Maker?
- How Does French Press Coffee Maker Differ?
- What to Look for?
- How to Use a Camping French Press?
- Best French Press for Camping
- Key References
A popular coffee brewing method is the French press, where ground coffee can be spun into boiling water before pressing the plunger and pouring the coffee directly into the cups. This buying guide will help you improve your search by highlighting several points to help you choose the right one for you.
Best French Press – Comparison Table
What is a French Press Coffee Maker?
A French press coffee maker is a manual coffee machine with a plunger, a cylindrical jug, and an integrated filter that filters the coffee.
- It uses only boiled water to add coarse grinds for up to 4 minutes.
- A French press brews coffee by steeping the ground coffee beans in boiling water and then separating the beans by pressing the filter.
How Does French Press Coffee Maker Differ?
If you like delicious and full-bodied coffee, a French press should be your preferred coffee brewing method.
- This approach is gentler than stovetop brewing or drip-coffee making methods, in which boiling water is heated, and the coffee beans are sometimes blanched.
- In a French press, the coffee does not rest on a hot plate after brewing, so it does not continue to “boil” and become bitter.
- A French press tends to extract more sediment and oils from the coffee beans than any other coffee-making method, which contributes to its creamy mouthfeel and robust flavor.
What to Look for?
The following features of a French press should be considered before purchasing one.
The sustainable use of resources is probably one of the most essential duties of a camper. Consequently, your French press must be able to produce enough coffee for everyone in one turn. Before you buy, consider the capacity of a French press in ounces.
French press coffee makers are available in various materials such as plastic, glass, and steel. However, it’s important to remember the camping environment is not as forgiving as the kitchen. Therefore, choosing the most durable material is a superb choice.
Ease of Use
Camping is a pleasant way to reconnect with nature, and that requires simple but effective tools. The best French press for camping should be easy-to-use so it can be used in a few steps. Also, it should be straightforward to clean the parts.
If you plan on taking your French press on a camping trip, packing it should be easy. A compact and lightweight French press is an advantage. If you want a super compact unit, French press mugs are also worth considering.
Check out the French press parts, such as the lid and handle. They must be ergonomic and robust. As a rule, quality is related to price. While this is not always the case, if a product’s price looks too good to be true, it is likely cheap because of its poor quality.
How to Use a Camping French Press?
Here are instructions on how to use a camping French press.
- Scoop one teaspoon of coffee grounds per cup.
- Pour enough hot water (30 seconds off the boil) to soak the grounds entirely. Let it sit for about 45 seconds.
- Pour the remaining water over the coffee. Let it sit for up to 5 minutes.
- Press the plunger down slowly.
- Pour and enjoy it!
Best French Press for Camping
Here are the top 6 best French press for camping on the market today:
1. Secura French Press Coffee Maker
The Secura French Press Coffee Maker is made from high-quality stainless steel, both the interior and exterior, so it will last many camp trips.
- With a three-layered filtration system, this unit can trap even the smallest coffee grounds.
- The double-wall construction of this French press will ensure your coffee stays hot and nice long after you have brewed it.
- This camping coffee maker comes with a stainless screen that is easy to clean and disassemble.
- Stacking the screens together can give your espresso a more refined taste.
- It comes with a cool-touch knob and handles for safe and comfortable pouring.
- All the parts of this unit are dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean.
- So, whether you are staunch French press addict or have just recently jumped from a coffee maker, you will love the Secura French Press Coffee Maker.
- 34-ounce capacity
- Built-in filter
- Easy to clean and disassemble filter screen.
- No volume labels
2. Stanley French Press Coffee Maker
Designed with double vacuum insulation, not only does the Stanley French Press Coffee Maker allow you to make a flavorful cup of coffee, but you can keep it hot for about four hours as well.
- Additionally, it can keep your chilly drinks cold for about 9 hours.
- The two layers of the BPA-free stainless-steel walls offer superior insulation.
- The mesh plunger is fine enough to keep coffee grounds out of the cup and strong enough to keep animals away.
- This French press is also easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe.
- Due to the nesting design and folding handle, the Stanley French Press Coffee Maker is quite compact.
- It allows campers to brew up to 32 ounces of coffee at one time.
- Durable construction
- Easy to clean
- Compact design
- Although compact, the handle is not ergonomic.
3. Belwares Large French Press Coffee Maker
The Belwares Large French Press Coffee Maker is rustproof, durable, sturdy, and has a beautiful matte finish.
- This large French press can serve up to 4 people, making it great for family camping.
- It is made from top-quality stainless steel that is BPA-free and sturdy.
- Thanks to the double-wall vacuum layer, the French press will retain your coffee hot for a longer time.
- This camping coffee maker features a four-level filtration system that catches the smallest coffee grounds.
- Also, the tight seal between the wall and the filtration system ensures no grounds are in the coffee.
- The filter screen that is included in this unit is easy to clean and disassemble.
- If you love real tasting French press while camping, the Belwares Large French Press Coffee Maker is the right choice for you.
- Durable and rustproof
- Four-level filtration system
- Easy to use, load and clean.
- Insulated pot
- None found
4. Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker
The Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker is double-layered and vacuum-layered for a toasty brew and fuller flavor.
- The French are crafted from 304-stainless steel, which makes it rustproof, durable, and robust.
- This best french press coffee maker features a cool-touch handle that protects the hands, and the double-screen, spring-loaded filter will help brew a cleaner cup.
- The Coffee Gator French Press Coffee Maker is specially designed to stop coffee sediment but allow the tasty coffee oils into the cup.
- The design results in a full-bodied and rich brew that will leave anyone griming from ear to ear.
- Thanks to its high-quality insulation, each brew will remain hot for hours. It comes with a mini canister for storing your coffee grounds.
- Solid construction
- Ergonomic and unique design.
- Double filtered and vacuum-layered.
- Cool-touch handle
- Small capacity
5. Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Coffee Maker
Although the Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Coffee Maker is not a French press, it was added owing to its convenience and efficiency.
- The AeroPress is a straightforward yet effective method to get a quick frothy cup of rich coffee while camping.
- This best french press coffee maker is also fast, mainly because it requires Espresso grounds, so there is not much infusion time as a French press.
- With this unit, making your favorite coffee while camping will be comfortable.
- It can produce up to 3 cups of flavorful coffee quickly without sacrificing the rich taste.
- The produced coffee is not bitter, and you can store it for some days. For smooth and fine coffee, there is a micro-filter.
- With the ability to brew Espresso and American style, this coffee maker machine is very versatile.
- Once you are done making your coffee, cleaning this coffee maker is very easy.
- The Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Coffee Maker is the perfect unit for single campers.
- Lightweight and compact
- Easy cleaning
- Great taste
- Requires filter bags
6. Brutrek French Press Tabletop Coffee
The Brutrek French Press Tabletop Coffee is crafted with superior heat retention and durability to maintain a hot pot of coffee.
- It features an ultra-fine mesh screen that halts the brewing process to provide a clean and flavorful brew.
- The restaurant-grade and double-walled, vacuum-insulated stainless-steel offer superior durability and insulation.
- It features a non-skid base that makes it perfect for brewing coffee by a campfire.
- The Brutrek French Press Tabletop Coffee is a portable coffee pot that is easy to clean and BPA-free.
- It is available in multiple sizes and colors.
- Offers superior insulation
- Functional design
- Non-skid rubber base
- Easy to clean
- Multiple color options
- Higher price than other French press coffee maker.
Our top recommendation for the best French press for camping is the Belwares Large French Press Coffee Maker.
- With a capacity of 50 ounces, it is one of the largest French presses on the market, making it perfect for camping trips.
- Its double-walled construction guarantees your coffee will stay hot for longer.
- Also, the tight seal and the multi-layered screen will help keep your coffee filtered, so no grinds get into the coffee.
There’s no reason you can’t brew a great cup of coffee while camping without compromising on quality using a French Press. French Press coffee makers are cost-effective, efficient, and have a small footprint.
So, if you are looking for a coffee maker to take with you, you should seriously consider purchasing a French Press.
- “Melior Way of Making Coffee – French Press”. Accessed July 28, 2020. Link.