A cell phone booster is a delightful addition for many campers. The camping lifestyle takes us to many places that don’t offer excellent cellular service. However, many of us still want to be connected with our family, friends, and the outside world.
Our top pick for the best cell phone for camping is the weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Cell Phone Signal Booster. The booster boasts a powerful antenna with an extensive coverage area. It effectively enhances signals to ensure the excellent performance of all your cellular devices.
Table of Contents
- Best Cell Phone Boosters – Comparison Table
- Why do I Need Phone Booster for Camping?
- What to Look for?
- Best Cell Phone Booster for Camping Reviews
- Key References
Camping in remote locations with no cell phone signal is not a marvelous feeling if you want to make a phone call. The best cell phone booster for camping amplifies the existing signal your cell phone is collecting, so you can communicate with anyone.
In this guide, we are featuring a cell phone booster for camping guides along with the best options for choosing and comparison.
Best Cell Phone Boosters – Comparison Table
Why do I Need Phone Booster for Camping?
An unstable connection during camping can become a horrific inconvenience, especially for more extended stays.
- Fast Internet speeds are required to surf the Internet and make calls using Face Time and Skype.
- Many people prefer to watch videos and stream music online rather than relying on television and traditional radio for entertainment.
- A reliable cell phone booster in your camp can make an enormous difference to your mobile service.
- Also, your calls will be clearer with minimal distortion or noise from you.
What to Look for?
Most boosters designed can be divided into 2 categories: Wireless Booster and Cradle Booster. Here is a bit more about each of them:
- Wireless: As the name implies, wireless boosters can amplify the signal to the coverage area around a location to which the booster is connected.
- Cradle: Cradle boosters can only boost the signal to a device if that device is connected. The primary advantage of this type of signal booster is its availability at a lower price.
The signal to all mobile phones in this coverage area is amplified. Both types of boosters are beneficial at amplifying the cell phone signal when camping.
Most cell phone signal boosters come with 2 antennas.
- One can be installed indoors, and the other is for external use.
- One antenna receives and sends signals from the next cell tower, while the other sends this signal to your cellular device or phone.
- Gain is an essential technical specification for determining the range of a signal booster.
The gain is generally expressed in dB, which means decibels in relation to the isotropic radiator.
- Antennas with a higher dB (i.e., higher gain) give you a more extensive range over which you can detect a reliable cellular signal.
- The best cell phone booster for camping must have a maximum gain of up to 5 dB.
You should make sure that the cell phone booster you choose emits a signal in such an extensive area that you get adequate service in your camp. If you sometimes want to go out to make calls, you should also consider the need for an amplified signal for that additional area.
Ease of Installation
Cable length is an essential part of the installation process.
- Before purchasing a cell phone booster, you need to know where you want to install the exterior and interior components.
- With this knowledge in mind, you know how much length of coaxial cable you need for a successful first go-round installation.
- As a general rule, it is better to have lots of cables than to miss installing your new cell phone booster.
- Another important consideration when installing a booster refers explicitly to the exterior antenna component.
Find a cell phone booster that comes with all the hardware you need to install the signal booster in your preferred location.
External Signal Power
The performance of your booster depends entirely on the strength of the external signal it amplifies.
- The strength of the external signal largely depends on the location of your camp.
- If you know you are working with a weaker external signal, of course, you should buy a more reliable signal booster.
- Conversely, with a more robust external signal, you can buy a cheaper cell phone amplifier for your camping trip.
Best Cell Phone Booster for Camping Reviews
Here are the best cell phone boosters for camping on the market today:
1. A ANNTLENT Cell Phone Signal Booster
The A ANNTLENT Cell Phone Signal Booster is a multiple band booster that offers crystal clear calls, so you can keep in touch with family and friends while camping.
- It can improve cell phone voice, data, and text signal, helping you to get more stable connections on phone calls and videos.
- The booster will amplify your signal up to 32X, so your mobile phone will use less power to search for a stronger signal.
- It has automatic gain control, inactivity mode, and oscillation elimination features.
- Additionally, the booster can sense the input signal and adjust its gain automatically for the best performance.
- The powerful magnet on the antenna makes it easy to mount anywhere.
- The A ANNTLENT Cell Phone Signal Booster can support multiple users simultaneously, making it the perfect cell phone booster for family camping trips.
2. BOSURU AT&T Cell Phone Signal Booster
The BOSURU AT&T Cell Phone Signal Booster is a reliable, all-round option at an affordable price point.
- This booster is perfect for those strictly concerned with AT&T compatibility.
- This best cell phone booster for rural areas offers reliable coverage to multiple users simultaneously at an effective range of 1500 to 2000 square feet.
- It features an outdoor Yagi-directional antenna that captures the cellular signal from the signal tower direction.
- Additionally, the automatic gain control function helps to optimize the performance of the booster according to your signal strength.
- Lightweight and small, the BOSURU AT&T Cell Phone Signal Booster installs securely and efficiently with its included components.
- This Wifi and cell booster for rv comes with mounting hardware, and the coax cable makes it easy to connect to the booster.
3. weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Cell Phone Booster
If you are looking for a camping phone booster that works in any situation, the weBoost Drive Reach (470154) is a perfect choice.
- Compared to the weBoost Drive X Cell Phone Booster, this booster can still amplify signals from mobile towers by up to 74%.
- This additional range is accomplished through the use of an omnidirectional antenna.
- After installation, the antenna can be extended to a height of 23″ to increase range.
- The base of this antenna is spring-loaded, which is excellent as it allows for some flexibility as the wind does not affect the antenna.
- To give campers the freedom to install, 25-foot cables are included to connect the external antenna to the unit’s booster.
- The weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Cell Phone Booster itself weighs less than a pound and is small enough to be easily transported.
4. HiBoost Travel 4G Mobile Cell Phone Signal Booster
The HiBoost 4G cell phone booster is best suited for everyone who needs a signal booster for their cell phones and devices on a camping trip.
- The compatibility of this booster with all cell phones, regardless of the carrier and model, is one of its strengths.
- This best cell phone booster for mountains is also designed to significantly improve your phone’s 3G and 4G signals.
- Another great advantage that we find remarkable about this signal booster is that it can support multiple users. They are connected at the same time.
- Even in a weak signal range, the HiBoost Travel 4G Mobile Cell Phone Signal Booster effectively improves voice and data quality.
- Rest assured that you can enjoy fast data rates and clear calls.
5. Wilson Electronics Mobile 4G cell phone signal Booster
If you are looking for a Wilson cell phone booster, this highly reliable signal booster can give you the expected satisfaction.
- With the help of this booster, you can improve the clarity of your calls significantly.
- Also, this booster’s ability to amplify the signal on camping trips can minimize the number of missed calls.
- What we love about the kit is that it includes virtually everything you need to capture a weak cell signal and transmit it to your campsite. This can increase the strength of the cellular signal.
- Besides minimizing missed calls and increasing your phone coverage, you will also find that this booster effectively increases data transfer rates when camping.
- With the help of the fully functional outdoor antenna, you may be able to mount it magnetically on the roof of your campsite.
6. weBoost Home Room (472120) Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit
The weBoost Home Room (472120) Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit offers campers improved cellular reception, resulting in faster internet speeds, and better voice quality.
- It can cover an area of up to 1, 500 square feet.
- It features a built-in technology that can regulate gain automatically to offer campers with the best cellular coverage.
- This booster has farther reach to the cell tower, offering reliable phone signal.
- With 12 dBm in downlink output power and 20 dBm in uplink output power, the weBoost Home Room (472120) Cell Phone Signal Booster Kit quickly reaches mobile phone towers from distant locations.
- It comes with a suction mount to place the exterior antenna outdoor.
Our top recommendation for the best cell phone for camping is the weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Cell Phone Signal Booster. It features a powerful antenna with an extensive coverage area. It enhances signals to ensure the excellent performance of all your cellular devices during camping.
Surely your entire camping experience can be further enhanced with the help of the best cell phone booster for camping. With this device, you’ll notice a considerable improvement in your call quality.
- “Guide to Cell Phone Signal Boosters”. Accessed July 26, 2020. Link.
- “What is a Cell Phone Signal Booster and How Does It Work?”. Accessed July 26, 2020. Link.
- “Antenna Gain – an overview | ScienceDirect Topics”. Accessed July 26, 2020. Link.