Fishing Float Tubes For Big Guys: Fishing is a relaxing activity, but fishing by the pier or river can often seem like a fruitless task. Being in the water can increase your chances of making a catching, which is why having a fishing float tube can help.
Our top pick for the best fishing float tubes for big guys is Colorado Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat. With ample storage space, 400 lbs maximum capacity, adjustable seats, dual-side stripping apron with a fish ruler, the Colorado Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat is the perfect fishing float tube for big guys.
Table of Contents
- Best Fishing Float Tubes For Husky Guys – Comparison Table
- What is a Fishing Float Tube?
- How do you Use Float Tube for Fishing?
- Do I Need Waders for Float Tubes?
- What to Look for?
- Best Fishing Float Tubes For Big Guys
- Key References
However, if you are on the bigger side, it can be challenging to get a float tube that can accommodate your weight.
In this guide, we have selected the best float tubes for big guys on the market.
Best Fishing Float Tubes For Husky Guys – Comparison Table
What is a Fishing Float Tube?
A fishing float tube is a lightweight and small inflatable fishing craft that anglers fish with. They are handy little fly-fishing boats as they are easy to transport in hard to reach waters.
How do you Use Float Tube for Fishing?
Some necessary steps are required when using a float tube. You need to prepare by knowing how the float tube works, get dressed to stay warm, practice before your fishing trip, keep your fear onshore, and know how to get out of the water.
Do I Need Waders for Float Tubes?
Waders are not compulsory but should be an integral part of your gear when fishing in a float tube.
- They’re great for protecting anglers from hypothermia, they prevent creepy creepers like leeches from attacking you;
- They help keep your legs abrasion-free.
- Neoprene waders are the most durable and are available in different strengths.
What to Look for?
Maximum Weight Capacity
One of the most essential steps in this process of choosing the best fishing float tubes for big guys is the weight capacity.
- An ideal fishing float tubes for big guys should have a weight capacity of 300 to 350 lbs.
- We recommend giving at least 40 lbs of leeway when shopping for float tubes.
- This is because you should also consider the type of gear you’ll be bringing.
- So, if you weigh 300 lbs, you should consider a maximum capacity of 350 lbs +, particularly if you’re bringing more gears.
Each model and style of float tubes have various comfort levels.
- This is a significant step in choosing the tube that suits you best. Unlike sitting on a rowing board where you can easily stretch and change positions.
- You are stuck in a sitting position for a while with float tubes, especially if you are a hardcore angler.
- The best float tubes for big guys should have an adjustable and well-padded backrest.
- The adjustable backrest contributes significantly to your comfort during a lengthy fly-fishing day.
The amount of storage space refers to the amount that you usually bring with you.
- In general, there are two types of fishermen: those who are minimalist and those who bring everything, including the sink (well, this may not be practical).
- The more gadgets and gear you need to bring with you, the more storage options you’ll need in the form of a rod holder and mesh pocket flaps.
- If you are a minimalist, don’t worry too much, as you only need a few rods, bait or tackle and waders.
- If you are an angler who likes to bring everything with you, you should keep the storage space in a float tube in mind.
- Another important tip is to imagine what you will bring on this fishing trip and imagine if everything will fit in the style you are opting for.
The portability of a float tube is related to the size of the tube, its weight, and the type of housing it comes in.
- If you are away from the water and need to travel a reasonable distance to get there, you should do so with a lightweight float tube.
- If it’s easy to get to the fishing hole you want to drive by car, it’s not much different in either case.
- The weight range of float tubes varies from approximately 7 lbs to 44 lbs.
Best Fishing Float Tubes For Big Guys
Here are the 5 best fishing tubes for big guys on the market today:
1. Classic Accessories Cumberland Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
Designed for high visibility, fly fishing experience, the Cumberland Inflatable Fishing Float Tube has several features for an enjoyable time on the water.
- A thick padded seat comes with an adjustable, high-backed backrest. The hydrodynamic hull features resistant PVC along the base.
- The mesh stripping apron is integrated with a fish ruler for faster measurements.
- With sizeable back mesh storage, 2-rod holders, and 2 large pockets with a drink holder, storage is not a problem with this float tube.
- For easy transport, this Cumberland float tube can be converted easily into a backpack with an adjustable strap.
- The mesh storage at the back can be submerged, making it a superb live well for anglers who want to snap their best catches.
- The high portability and amount of storage make the Cumberland Inflatable Fishing Float Tube an excellent choice for any fishing trip.
2. Classic Accessories Togiak Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
If you need a fishing float tube with superior floatation, the Classic Accessories Togiak Inflatable Fishing Float Tube is an excellent choice.
- With 2 separate bladders extending into the water, the float tube is specially designed to ease steering and tracking.
- The extra-tall seat comes with extra back support that allows for a comfortable experience even in tough situations.
- It is equipped with extra D-rings and extra mesh storage for attaching creel bags and extra gear.
- Also, it comes with a padded seat that keeps you well above water and dry. The foam seat offers a stable base, making it easier to reel and cast.
- Spacious and plush armrests on this unit double as storage, so you can keep your gear and other essentials.
- Overall, the Togiak Inflatable Fishing Float Tube can support a weight of up to 300lbs, and its ergonomic design makes everything you need comfortably within reach.
3. Classic Accessories Teton Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
The Teton Inflatable Fishing Float Tube has a wide seat and an extra padded headrest, making it comfortable.
- The hydrodynamic hull design makes it easy to change direction and move at speed.
- Its multiple compartment armrest pockets will keep your fishing gear nearby when you are on the water.
- This best float tubes for backpacking comes with a stripping apron where you can keep your catch as soon as you catch them.
- Also, it is equipped with a fish ruler that allows you to measure the fish size quickly.
- Thanks to its extra-wide side wings and long hull design, the Teton Inflatable Fishing Float Tube is more comfortable to steer.
4. Classic Accessories Bighorn Inflatable Fishing Float Tube
With a maximum capacity of 300lbs, the Bighorn Inflatable Fishing Float Tube is the ideal option for big guys who want to have an enjoyable fly-fishing experience.
- The exterior mesh storage, along with the rear storage pocket, gives this float tube enough space to store all your gear, drinks, snacks, and everything you will need on a fishing trip.
- Additionally, it is equipped with sturdy D-rings that allow you to attach creel bags and other gear.
- This fly fishing float tube also comes with a rear visibility panel, a safety flag pocket, and a quick-release stripping. This means not only will you be comfortable, but you’ll also be safe and noticeable.
- Not only is the Bighorn Inflatable Fishing Float Tube durable, but it will also hold the big guy’s weight well.
5. Colorado Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat
The Colorado Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat is a high-capacity float tube with a padded seat.
- This heavy-duty unit features rugged nylon tops and abrasion-resistant PVC bottoms for a quality fly fishing experience.
- With 12 zippered pockets, 10 mesh pockets, rear storage rack, and 2 insulated drink holders, this float tube will hold all your gear.
- Additionally, it comes with a detachable foam fly patch to keep your gear nearby.
- The tube features a unique dual-side stripping apron with a fish ruler that allows easy entry and exit.
- It also comes with a rod holder that can be mounted in 3 different positions.
- The sturdy 2-position motor mount makes trolling easy. The footrests and seat can be adjusted to your desired length, making it very comfortable to use.
- With 400 lbs maximum capacity and ample storage space, the Colorado Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat is the perfect fishing float tube for big guys.
Our top recommendation for the best fishing float tubes for big guys is Colorado Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat. It features ample storage space, a max of 400 lbs capacity, adjustable seats, dual-side stripping apron with a fish ruler. This Colorado Inflatable Fishing Pontoon Boat is the perfect fishing float tube for big guys.
When it comes to selecting the best fishing float tube that husky guys can use, it isn’t always as easy. However, choosing from any of the float tubes we have reviewed in this guide will allow you to have an enjoyable experience on the water.
- “A brief history of float tubes and cool magazine ads | The North American Fly Fishing Forum”. Accessed July 18, 2020. Link.