North Country National Scenic Trail
The North Country National Scenic Trail links scenic, natural, historic, and cultural areas in seven northern states.
The approximately four thousand mile long trail incudes a variety of hikes from easy walking to challenging treks. When completed, through the efforts of many people, the trail will become the longest continuous hiking trail in the United States.
From the Missouri River in North Dakota to the shores of Lake Champlain in New York, the trail allows hikers to experience a variety of features, from clear-flowing streams, to thick Northern woods, from vast prairies to clean lakes. Come and experience your America, at a walking pace.
National Park Service
Plane – Commercial airports are located in major cities and regional communities at varying distances from the North Country National Scenic Trail.
Car – Public roads and highways access the North Country National Scenic Trail at numerous locations.
Public Transportation – Selected points on or near the North Country National Scenic Trail are accessible by public transportation.
700 Rayovac Drive, Suite 100
- “North Country National Scenic Trail (U.S. National Park Service)”. Accessed May 25, 2020. Link.
Near By Parks
- Duck Lake State Park
- Grand Haven State Park On Lake Michigan
- Hartwick Pines State Park
- Hoffmaster State Park On Lake Michigan
- Holland State Park On Lake Michigan
- Interlochen State Park
- Ionia Recreation Area
- Leelanau State Park On Lake Michigan
- Ludington State Park On Lake Michigan
- Mears State Park On Lake Michigan
- Mitchell State Park
- Muskegon State Park On Lake Michigan
- Newaygo State Park
- North Higgins Lake State Park
- Orchard Beach State Park On Lake Michigan
- Otsego Lake State Park
- Ralph A. Macmullan Conference Center
- Silver Lake State Park On Lake Michigan
- South Higgins Lake State Park
- Traverse City State Park On Lake Michigan
- White Pine Trail State Park
- Yankee Springs Recreation Area
- Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore
- Jordan River National Fish Hatchery
- Granger Lake
- Huron Manistee National Forests
Near By Campgrounds
- Bowman Bridge (MI)
- D.H. Day Group (MI)
- Gleasons Landing Huron (MI)
- Hungerford Equestrian Group Campsite (MI)
- Lake MIchigan At Manistee (MI)
- Platte River Campground
- Sand Lake Campground (MI)
- South Manitou Group
- Traverse City KOA
- Harrington Beach State Park
- Kohler Andrae State Park
- Point Beach State Forest
- Potawatomi State Park
- Tranquil Timbers Rv Resort