Best Balance Board For Snowboarding: Balance training is a vital part of preparing for snowboarding or even enhancing your snowboarding skills. Unfortunately, after 25 years, we gradually lose the ability to maintain balance, and regular exercise is needed to maintain it.
Our top pick for the best balance board for snowboarding is the URBNFit Wooden Balance Board Trainer. This high-quality and excellent balance board boasts a unique design that makes it challenging, even for the most experienced athletes. The platform surface is cushioned and slip-resistant, making it suitable for use even without shoes.
Improving balance helps everyone from beginners to experienced riders. The better your balance, the more confident and comfortable you will feel when you take it out on the snow.
Table of Contents
- Best Balance Boards For Snowboarding – Comparison Table
- What are the Balance Boards?
- Balance Board Exercises for Snowboarding
- Does balance board help snowboarding?
- What to Look for?
- Best Balance Board for Snowboarding Reviews
- Key References
Best Balance Boards For Snowboarding – Comparison Table
What are the Balance Boards?
Balance boards are devices used for balance training, recreation, brain development, sports training, music training, therapy, and other types of personal development. Balance boards are available in different designs. However, the most common models are equipped with circular boards attached to a dome-shaped side. When you stand on the balance board, it won’t stay stationary due to its partial roundness.
Balance Board Exercises for Snowboarding
Cold, dark winter days have an upside: snowboarding, skiing, and ice skating.
- The soft, powdery, and crisp air creates the perfect momentum and reason to get out. The fun of hitting the slopes and spinning on ice will add a sense of adventure to your training program.
- Because snowboarding involves movements, your muscles are not used to. You get fatigued more quickly and have a higher risk of injury.
- Before hitting the slopes or tracks, some exercises to improve balance and lower body strength will help you get into gear and glide by.
The primary type of balance board exercises for beginners is jumping and building a solid base in the lower body and legs.
- That means you will want to squat more (and more deeply) and practice lateral movements and plyometric.
- This condition the body to absorb the energy level involved in snowboarding. In snowboarding, a deep squat must be performed to maintain balance.
So, practice weight transfer from your toes to your heels when you are in this low squat.
Does balance board help snowboarding?
While snowboarding, you will come across different snow’s texture and terrains, which create challenges for keeping balance. With a balance board, you can train balance to assist correctly react to these changes on the slope. With better balance, the chance of injury during snowboard is reduced.
What to Look for?
A) Board Design
The board itself controls the entire balancing process, and the design is excellent in terms of manufacturers’ creativity. That’s why balance boards come in different shapes. The shapes are different because manufacturers want a different style of balance learning for riders. However, balance board designs have different pros and cons. So, you need to know which one is right for you.
B) Roller Type
This is an essential factor to consider when shopping for the best snowboard balance boards. It will play a vital role in your balance training. The roller is designed to sit under the board. It determines how your balance board would move and how easily you can switch between different positions. The most popular type of roller is the foundry type, as it looks like a cylinder and is the best way to balance train. Make sure the roller type is right for you, so unnecessary injuries are avoided.
C) Board Safety
Safety is essential for a healthy life and a long lifespan. If you are a snowboarder, you know how dangerous this can be. Because of this, the best balance board for snowboarding needs to come with a non-slip grip surface.
D) Board Quality
The higher the quality of a balance board, the higher the quality of your learning. Primarily, Balance boards are designed to withstand rugged usage during the learning process. Therefore, you should know the model’s durability before purchasing. It is important to know how durable it is and how much weight it can hold without breaking or causing injury.
Best Balance Board for Snowboarding Reviews
Here are the best balance boards for snowboarding on the market today:
1. Revolution 101 Balance Board Trainer
With a solid 2-piece and composite roller design, the Revolution 101 Balance Board Trainer is explicitly made for advanced and intermediate snowboarders.
- This Revolution balance board is exceptionally stable, super lightweight, and does not leave marks on the carpet or floors.
- Its lightweight design makes real snowboarding tricks possible.
- This balance training board will target the major muscles in your waist, stomach, hamstring, thighs, butt, and hips to increase your overall performance and stability.
- This best balance board for surfing is made with roller stops to keep riders from rolling too far.
- However, advanced riders can remove the roller stops for an extra challenge.
- Although the Revolution 101 Balance Board Trainer is one of the pricier options on the market, this snowboard balance trainer is really for those riders looking to challenge themselves.
- Portable design
- Well designed for tricks.
- Great for all ages.
- After consistent use, it wears down a little.
2. 4TH Core Balance Board for Exercise Training
The 4TH Core Balance Board for Exercise Training is a board sport inspired balance board designed to train your core, legs, and overall balance.
- This snowboard training board is made from cold-pressed 10-ply maple wood, making it very durable.
- The high-density cork in this balance board roller won’t scratch your floor.
- Unlike boards made from petroleum products, this balance board is not only firmer but holds its shape better.
- This snowboard balance board features a gripped surface for traction while balance training thanks to the plastic and rubber combination.
- Additionally, the board has 2 stop plates that help prevent the board from disengaging with its roller.
- This snowboarding balance board can accommodate a maximum weight of 500 lbs.
- Its versatile design makes it ideal for both beginners and professionals.
- The 4TH Core Balance Board for Exercise Training is durable, lightweight, and reduces sound and vibration.
- Three color options
- Durable construction
- High-friction, anti-slip surface
- Versatile design
- The roller seems to have a small width.
3. URBNFit Wooden Balance Board Trainer
If you are searching for a balance board that can take a hit, the URBNFit Wooden Balance Board Trainer is for you.
- Crafted from a robust wooden blend of poplar wood and pine, this unit can hold up to 800 pounds.
- While being made from solid wood and sturdy plastic, it is small and compact.
- This snowboard training board is inches long, which is relatively short for s balance board and will allow for more intense training.
- You need not worry about slipping; the roller stops and grip tape on the surface will prevent you from slipping.
- Additionally, this snowboarding trainer was made with vibration dampening technology to keep the board smooth while balance training.
- The URBNFit Wooden Balance Board Trainer comes with a free workout guide to balance boards.
- Sturdy plastic and solid wood.
- Firm grip and anti-slip surface.
- Compact design
- 800 pounds weight capacity.
- None found
4. N&M Products Wooden Balance Board Trainer
The N&M Products Wooden Balance Board Trainer is a sturdy, skate-inspired balance board that is guaranteed to improve your overall fitness and balance.
- Made from premium wood and high-quality grip tape, this unit is built to last many uses.
- This snowboard training board is the perfect compact size for you to take on the go and train anywhere you please, yet it’s large enough to provide a stable base for other complex training.
- Snowboarders will love the anti-slip tape on the wooden surface.
- Simultaneously, non-board athletes will find the anti-slip tape to be a practical inclusion to a sturdy balance board.
- The N&M Products Wooden Balance Board Trainer offers riders a great way to improve coordination and stability.
- Premium wood construction
- Portable design
- Grip tape for extra safety.
- Can be used anywhere.
- Not suitable for barefoot training.
5. Dailyart Wooden Balance Board Trainer
The Dailyart Wooden Balance Board Trainer is a high-durable board that comes at an affordable price point.
- This daily art balance board features an incredibly sturdy construction and has a lightweight design, making it convenient to transport.
- This snowboard balance board comprises 10 layers of poplar wood and birch, which makes it very durable.
- It can support up to 500 lbs of weight.
- The board’s surface comes with non-slip grip tape, which helps increase friction between your feet.
- This unit can be used to efficiently perform abdominal, leg, and core muscle strength training to improve your stability, coordination, agility, posture, and balance effectively.
- The Dailyart Wooden Balance Board Trainer will significantly help you improve the balance of snowboarding.
- It comes with a free exercise guide to let you enjoy a wide range of moves while training.
- Made from durable birch and poplar wood combination.
- Easy to control roller stop.
- Non-slip grip surface
- Not beginner-friendly
6. Raise Your Game Balance Board Trainer
The Raise Your Game Balance Board Trainer is an excellent option for snowboarders at every level.
- The deck is crafted from high-quality hardwood combination of pine and poplar wood and includes an extra anti-slip surface.
- The roller is made from PVC and can accommodate up to 400 pounds.
- This balance board offers riders a fantastic way to improve core strength, balance, agility, and body control.
- It comes with everything you need to balance train, including a pair of slide discs, 3 latex loops, and a jump rope.
- The Raise Your Game Balance Board Trainer also comes with a free workout guide that will allow you to get started the right way.
- High-quality hardwood construction
- Non-slip emery grip tape for extra stability.
- Comes with a carrying bag.
- Bands and jump rope are flimsy.
Our top recommendation for the best balance board for snowboarding is the URBNFit Wooden Balance Board Trainer. It features a high-quality and excellent balance board that boasts a unique design that makes it challenging, even for the most experienced athletes. The platform surface is cushioned and slip-resistant, making it suitable for use even without shoes.
Snowboarding and other winter sports require a “dynamic” balance. Not just maintaining your balance while standing still, but also keep your balance in a changing environment by adapting quickly to change.
Practice sessions on these balance boards for snowboarding are a lot of fun and translate to better performance, more confidence, and control on the snow.
- “Fitness Level Declines Dramatically With Age”. Accessed September 21, 2020. Link.
- “Balance Exercises to Get You Winter Sports Ready”. Accessed September 21, 2020. Link.
- “What is Plyometric Training: Definition and Exercise | 8fit”. Accessed September 21, 2020. Link.