RV camping is fun and rewarding for the whole family. It can bring us closer to nature and make us feel relieved from our busy lives. However, we have to pay attention to road safety while driving our recreational vehicle.
Our top pick for the best portable air compressor for RV tires is the Viair 40047 400P-RV Compressor Kit. It is a truly universal solution that comes with over 60 feet air hose and an extra 8 feet of a power cord. It also contains a variety of adapters and accessories that you can use to inflate bicycle tires and other sports equipment.
The best portable air compressor for RV tires will inflate your RV tires to the correct pressure as soon as possible. If you use it, you don’t need to make any assumptions because it can accurately inflate the tires, especially if there is insufficient air pressure or a leak.
Table of Contents
- Best Portable Air Compressors – Comparison Table
- What Size Air Compressor Do I Need to Inflate RV Tires?
- How to Use the Air Compressor for RV Tires?
- What to Look for?
- Best Portable Air Compressor for RV Tires
- Key References
Best Portable Air Compressors – Comparison Table
What Size Air Compressor Do I Need to Inflate RV Tires?
The tires on your RV are usually the item that inflates and requires the highest PSI.
- However, you may want to inflate something that needs more.
- Simply put, you need an air compressor that can deliver more PSI than your largest inflatable needs.
- For example, if your RV tires need 45 PSI, you should opt for an air compressor that has a higher rating.
How to Use the Air Compressor for RV Tires?
Here is the video illustration on how to use the air compressor for Rv tires. Check it out.
What to Look for?
A) Work Pressure
RV air compressors have different operating pressures depending on the model.
- Working pressure is measured in PSI (pounds per square inch). The PSI can be between 0 and 150 and determines the CFM (air discharge rate) of the compressor.
- Compressors with low operating pressure have a short operating time and take longer to inflate the tires.
B) Power Cord
The power cord is a vital feature of every portable air compressor for RV tires.
- Compressors with longer power cables are easier to use and more flexible.
- The length of the power cord ranges from 4 to 30 inches.
- So, when choosing an RV air compressor, choose one with a longer power cord and air hose for ease of use.
C) Tank or Cylinder Size
When shopping for the best portable air compressor for your RV tires, you must consider the correct size of your cylinder or tank.
- The size of the tank determines the volume of air pressure that the compressor can store.
- Typically, air compressors with larger cylinders store more air than air compressors with smaller cylinders.
- Even those with large cylinders are quite heavy and difficult to move around.
D) Noise level
Some RV air compressors can be a bit loud, making it challenging to stay on while they’re running.
- When purchasing an RV air compressor, choose one with a good range that is below 65 decibels – this noise limit is safe for your ears.
- Most air compressors for RV emit between 40 and 90 decibels of sound.
- Therefore, it’s essential to determine the noise level of the machine before purchasing it.
Recreational vehicle air compressors come in different weights as they are made from different materials.
- If you carry your air compressor in the car, you need to make sure it is lightweight and portable.
- A lightweight air compressor is more comfortable to store and transport.
- The best portable air compressors for RV tires are those under 40 pounds.
Best Portable Air Compressor for RV Tires
Here are the top 6 best portable air compressors for RV tires on the market today:
1. Viair 450p-RV Automatic Portable Compressor
The Viair 450p-RV Automatic Portable Compressor is a great portable compressor kit with enough power to inflate tires up to 35 inches.
- It can go from 0 to 30 PSI in under 5 minutes.
- Also, it’s easy to use so you can inflate your tires quickly.
- This portable air compressor for RV tires has powerful compression up to 150 psi so you can inflate your tires with ease.
- We would also like to point out that this model comes with all the necessary accessories for ease of use.
- Additionally, this product includes a vibration resistant housing that can control vibration for quiet operation.
- This air compressor also operates at 2.3 CFM free flow at 0 PSI.
- The Viair 450p-RV Automatic Portable Compressor has a 33 percent duty cycle.
- It already comes with long-lasting direct battery terminals that are powered by a 40 amp in-line fuse.
2. Viair 40047 400P-RV Compressor Kit
If you are looking for the best portable air compressor that is compatible with most RVs, then the Viair 40047 400P-RV Compressor Kit is for you.
- This Viair 40047 400p-rv automatic portable compressor kit is robust yet lightweight and won’t take a lot of space under your RV when not in use.
- It has a high flow speed of 2.3 CFM at 0 PSI, as well as a maximum power rating of 150 PSI.
- This off-road air compressor has an auto-shutoff feature that allows you to set your desired PSI when inflating your RV tires.
- So, you can go and check the pressure of your other tires without worrying about over-inflating the tire that your compressor is connected to.
- Accessibility shouldn’t be a problem even for large RVs equipped with this compressor.
- For starters, the included power cord is 8 feet long and then comes with a 9-meter primary air hose.
- The Viair 40047 400P-RV Compressor Kit is all-inclusive as all accessories are included.
3. Tirewell 12V Heavy Duty Tire Inflator
If flexibility matters for you, the Tirewell 12V Heavy Duty Tire Inflator might be for you. Here are the Tirewell 12v tire inflator reviews.
- The 2.12 SCFM technology help inflate RV tires at just 0 PSI.
- The fuselage helps reduce engine vibration, making it more convenient to use.
- This best air compressor for RV winterizing has a battery terminal that you can use to connect it directly to the battery of your RV.
- Also, it includes an extension tube that is perfect for your RV’s long wheelbase.
- The Tirewell also has a two-cylinder inflation pump with direct drive.
- Both cylinders can compress air simultaneously.
- It also offers quick inflation, which is useful when you are in a rush.
- Although it offers rapid inflation, it works quietly.
- With its versatility and wide range of uses, it is undoubtedly a top contender in terms of the best portable air compressors for RV tires.
- You can rely on it, particularly when there’s insufficient tire pressure or tire leaks.
4. CRAFTSMAN CMEC6150K 6-Gallon Air Compressor
The CRAFTSMAN CMEC6150K 6-Gallon Air Compressor is a standout product when it comes to attention to detail and design perfection.
- This best portable air compressor for truck tires is not only lightweight and portable, but it was built rugged so it can withstand a variety of conditions and environments.
- The rubberized feet protect not only its legs but also the surfaces it sits on.
- With 150 PSI max tank pressure, you have enough air to inflate your RV tires.
- Also, the oil-free pump makes this unit almost maintenance-free.
- With a right pump output and a 6-gallon tank, it outperforms comparable oil-lubricated compressors.
- The CRAFTSMAN CMEC6150K 6-Gallon Air Compressor was built to store a lot of air, fill up quickly, and release air quickly at a pressure high enough to inflate your tires on the go.
5. SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Compressor
Another must-have product in today’s review for being easy to use and portable is the SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Compressor.
- One thing we love about this product is its efficiency in delivering 25 liters per minute of air flowing through the 3-foot hose.
- The 5-foot long power cord stretches longer to inflate your RV tires.
- The unit is lightweight and convenient for moderate and occasional use.
- It has a maximum working pressure of 140 psi, which also makes it ideal for inflating most tires.
- The pressure gauge is tough enough to withstand high demands.
- This kit already contains two adapter tips, a carrying case, and a needle for inflating the balls.
- The SuperFlow 12 Volt Air Compressor is easy to use.
- Just plug it into the cigarette lighter, clip it to the rim and turn it on to fill the rim in 3 minutes.
6. Tianya TY AM9 Air Compressor
If you are looking for an affordable off-road compressor that still does its job, the Tianya TY AM9 Air Compressor is a perfect option.
- It offers superb versatility to support different inflation applications.
- This unit’s flow rate is enough to inflate your RV tire from 0 to 30 PSI in just 68 seconds.
- For more efficient operation, it is equipped with a direct-drive motor along with dual cylinders.
- The cylinders in this unit compress air simultaneously, allowing the motor to rotate at slower speeds.
- You won’t need to worry about this air compressor falling over as it has a low center of gravity.
- Also, it includes rubberized feet that absorb vibrations, stabilizing the entire unit.
- The Tianya TY AM9 Air Compressor can be powered using either a direct connection or cigarette lighter.
Our top recommendation for the best portable air compressor for RV tires is the Viair 40047 400P-RV Compressor Kit. It features a truly universal solution that comes with over 60 feet air hose and an extra 8 feet of a power cord. It comes with a variety of adapters and accessories that you can use to inflate bicycle tires and other sports equipment.
There are several uses for a portable air compressor when you are recreating. From inflating floating tubes on the lake to keeping the pressure in the tires of your RV, an air compressor with your RV can make your life easier.
- “What is the Right Tire Pressure & Why Maximum is not the best”. Accessed September 07, 2020. Link.
- “Decibel Ratings for Air Compressors | Levels & Noise Control”. Accessed September 07, 2020. Link.