There’s nothing worse than preparing for a ride and finding that your motorcycle’s battery is dead. Luckily, it isn’t too difficult to get it going again when you have a portable jump starter.
Our top pick for the best portable motorcycle battery jump starter is the NEXPOW 2500A Battery Jump Starter. It offers 2, 500A of peak power and 22, 000mAh, capable of starting most motorcycle batteries. With a large capacity, it's capable of 30 jump starts on one charge.
The best portable motorcycle battery jump starter will get your motorcycle running again-no need to worry about getting stuck at home or on the go.
Table of Contents
- Portable Motorcycle Battery Jump Starters – Comparison Table
- Can You Charge a Battery with a Portable Jump Starter?
- How Many Amps Should a Portable Jump Starter Have?
- How Long do Portable Jump Starters Last?
- What to Look for?
- Best Portable Motorcycle Battery Jump Starters
Portable Motorcycle Battery Jump Starters – Comparison Table
Can You Charge a Battery with a Portable Jump Starter?
Portable jump starters can’t charge a motorcycle battery. It’s designed to instantly give a powerful current flow, enough to run the battery. After that, the bike’s alternator charges the battery.
How Many Amps Should a Portable Jump Starter Have?
A typical 12 volts motorcycle battery will need 200A or more to jump start. However, the condition of your motorcycle’s engine can also affect the number of amps you need to jump-start it. For new engines, you will require about 210A to jump-start them. Older and rusty engines with functional problems may need more amps to jump-start.
How Long do Portable Jump Starters Last?
Most portable jump starters can last longer than conventional motorcycle batteries. Most are of outstanding quality and don’t diminish quickly. However, in most cases, portable jump starters have an internal battery with a life of up to 1000 cycles.
What to Look for?
One of the most important things to consider when choosing the best portable motorcycle battery jump starter is the amperage. For beginners, the amperage indicates how quickly the charge gets into your motorcycle’s battery. The higher the ampere rating, the faster the motorcycle will charge and start working again. A jump starter with a rated power of 1000mAh meets the requirements of an average bike.
Another essential consideration when buying a portable motorcycle jump starter is the rated voltage. This is vital to make sure it is compatible with your bike’s battery. Since most bike batteries are 12 volts, you should purchase a battery with a maximum capacity of 12 volts. This will jump-start your bike and charge your devices safely.
C) Built-in Protection
Jump starting your motorcycles is not always safe. There are potential hazards that can damage your bike battery or even your motorcycle’s electrical system. It can cost you money in terms of replacements and repairs. Fortunately, you can prevent this by buying a jump starter with integrated protection against short circuit, overload, over-current, reverse connections, overvoltage, and many more.
D) Additional Features
Today’s portable motorcycle battery jump starter does more than just giving life to a dead battery. Most of the units are equipped with additional features that will come in handy when you are on the go. The best extras include a built-in flashlight, USB ports for charging your devices (even better are options with quick charge USB ports), cigarette lighter, compass, heavy-duty clamps, digital LED screen, and more.
Best Portable Motorcycle Battery Jump Starters
Here are the top 6 best portable motorcycle battery jump starters on the market today:
1. NEXPOW 1500A Car Battery Starter
The beauty of NEXPOW 1500A Car Battery Starter is that it works efficiently with minimal effort. So, it is little wonder many customers like it.
- The NEXPOW 1500A Car Battery Starter boasts a 1500 Amps peak current, so it can power your motorcycle easily.
- Each package includes a Q10S battery jump starter, USB Type-C cable, smart jumper cables, as well as a user manual.
- One of this volt jump starter’s standout features is that it is packed with a lot of safety features.
- For instance, this motorcycle jump starter cables come built-in with 8 upgraded protections, including overload protection, high-temperature protection, over-current protection, reverse polarity protection, and spark-proof.
- Also, it will alert you of any wrong operation through its beep sound and flashing light.
- The dual USB ports make it easy to charge multiple devices simultaneously.
- Bike riders can rely on the NEXPOW 1500A Car Battery Starter’s outstanding power to get your motorcycle going again when you’re on the go.
- 21800mAh battery capacity
- Smart 3.0 USB port.
- Heavy-duty cables and clamps.
- 8 built-in upgraded protections.
- Not beginners friendly
2. TACKLIFE T8 800A Peak 18000mAh Jump Starter
The Tacklife T8 Jump Starter has a compact design and delivers a powerful punch.
- It’s designed for a peak current of 800 amps, so it can instantly jump-start any 12 volts motorcycle battery to ensure you’re never stuck with a dead battery.
- This volt motorcycle jump starter’s sweet spot is its exceptionally long standby time compared to other models on the market.
- It is designed so you can manually turn it off to reduce the rate of battery self-discharge, so it can hold its charge for up to 12 months when not in use.
- The compact unit also has a high battery capacity of 18000mAh with two USB ports that allow you to quickly charge all your devices.
- One of these ports is a fast-charging port that allows you to charge your devices quickly and save time.
- Besides jump-starting your bike, this unit also comes with a very bright LED light that can act as an emergency light, a built-in compass to make your way home more comfortable, and a digital LED display to monitor the battery level.
- You will find cool add-on accessories like a cigarette lighter adapter, smart jumper cables, wall charger, and car charger in the complete kit.
- Power bank with a capacity of 18000 mAh.
- Fast charging USB port.
- Super bright LED lighting.
- Longer standby time
- Durable, all-metal clamps
- The cables can be longer.
3. Arteck Car Jump Starter
The Arteck Car Jump Starter is a smaller, lighter, and lower-amperage unit. But do not be fooled by this, because this jump starter is just as good as the previous ones.
- The sweet spot of this unit is its size and shape.
- It is about the size of a smartphone.
- Also, the color of the jump starter is fantastic.
- The black and red design gives it a stylish and modern look.
- However, this smaller size results in lower overall amperage.
- This means that the Arteck jump starter will inject power into your battery much slower than many other jump starters.
- Additionally, the LED flashlight is excellent and reliable.
- The jump starter also has a magnificent set of safety features, such as protective plugs and sturdy housing.
- Both features combine to ensure your bike does not overheat.
- We would recommend this jump starter to anyone who wants to take it with them.
- It is ideal for off-road activities or to be carried in a jacket pocket.
- This is a unique aspect that is sure to appeal to some bike riders.
- Small and portable design.
- Compact and focused LED flashlight.
- Built-in safety features
- Low ampere rating
4. Infinity Light 12V Portable Jump Starter
With the Infinity Light 12V Portable Jump Starter, you will never get stuck in an emergency.
- Thanks to its 400A peak power and 12, 000mAh battery, this unit can produce up to 20 jumps on a single charge.
- The red and black smart protection clamps will protect against over-temperature, under-voltage, over-voltage, short circuit, reverse charging, over current, as well as anti-access battery polarity.
- Apart from jump-starting your motorcycle battery, it can also be used to charge your electronic devices.
- The Infinity Light 12V Portable Jump Starter is compact enough to store in the glove box of your motorcycle.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Super bright LED light.
- Smart protection clamps
- Comes with a carrying case.
- Higher price than other jump starters.
5. NEXPOW 2500A Battery Starter
The NEXPOW 2500A Battery Starter packs many modern features, including Quick Charge 3.0 and USB Type-C support.
- These features are useful when using this unit as a portable power bank, but how is it to jump-starting your motorcycle battery? Well, it offers 2, 500A of peak power and 22, 000mAh, capable of starting most motorcycle batteries.
- With a large capacity, it’s capable of 30 jump starts on one charge.
- Besides the USB Type-C port, there is also a pair of standard USB ports that allow you to charge all your devices regardless of the connection you need.
- This jump starter also features a built-in LED flashlight that is perfect for emergencies.
- Other safety features in this device include overload protection, over-current protection, reverse polarity protection, and spark-proof protection.
- With the NEXPOW 2500A Battery Starter, you need not worry about incorrectly hooking up the cables because it will alert you if it ever happens.
- Massive 22, 000 mAh battery capacity.
- 2, 500 peak power.
- Equipped with dual USB charge ports.
- 8 built-in upgraded protections.
- A beeping or flashing light indicates the wrong operation.
- Doesn’t come with a storage case.
6. FLYLINKTECH 1500A Car Jump Starter
With 1500A peak current, the FLYLINKTECH 1500A Car Jump Starter can jump start 12V motorcycles up to 30 times on a single charge.
- This jump starter can be used on rainy days thanks to its IP68 waterproof function.
- The smart jumper clamps offer protection against reverse polarity, over-current, overload, overvoltage, and overcharge.
- With its dual USB charging ports, this unit can charge your electronic devices simultaneously.
- This portable jump starter is equipped with two LED flashlights in three lighting modes (SOS/Strobe/Strong), making it perfect for emergencies.
- The FLYLINKTECH 1500A Car Jump Starter comes with a carrying case that is compact enough to store and carry.
- Compact design
- 20, 000 mAh capacity.
- Dual charging ports
- Waterproof and dust-proof
- LED flashlight
- Can only be charged with a USB.
Our top recommendation for the best portable motorcycle battery jump starter is the NEXPOW 2500A Battery Jump Starter. It features a peak power of 2, 500 A and 22, 000m Ah capacity for starting most motorcycle batteries. With a large capacity, it's capable of 30 jump starts on one charge.
The best portable motorcycle jump starters are one of the things that you should always have on hand. Even if you don’t want to recharge other batteries on the go, or if you’ve never had an empty motorcycle battery in your life, it is an excellent backup to depend on.
Choosing a product for your motorcycle may not be the easiest due to the many models on the market. However, read the above reviews and consider what you need for your bike carefully. You will get a reliable, efficient, and useful battery jump starter.