It is nice to share a camping trip with your partner and create memories that will last a lifetime. To ensure an unforgettable experience, you need to make sure you have the right gear to keep yourself naturally prepared, comfortable, and entertained.
Our top pick for the best sleeping bags that zip together is the Teton Sports Double Sleeping Bag. Its soft inner lining will make you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud. Also, it comes with a durable compression bag that you can put your sleeping bag in. Additionally, it has a hood to keep your head warm and extra padding along the zipper and around the shoulder to keep the bag warm.
The best sleeping bags that zip together are ideal for couples who want to be close all night but still want enough personal space.
Table of Contents
- Best Mummy Sleeping Bags that Zip Together – Comparison Table
- What Sleeping Bags Zip Together?
- How Do You Know What Size Sleeping Bag to Get?
- What to Look for?
- Best Sleeping Bags that Zip Together
- Key References
Best Mummy Sleeping Bags that Zip Together – Comparison Table
What Sleeping Bags Zip Together?
Sleeping bags that zip together are a type of double sleeping bag with the significant difference being that you can split them into two separate sleeping bags if necessary.
- This offers great flexibility in planning sleep arrangements, among other benefits.
- While it’s possible to combine two sleeping bags with a little planning and creativity, a purposely designed sleeping bag that zips together means you don’t have to struggle with connections or worry about the location of the zippers.
- The product is ready to use and easy to connect and disconnect at will.
How Do You Know What Size Sleeping Bag to Get?
The sleeping bag’s size is based on their length, and while it seems obvious, the ideal length of your sleeping bag should directly correlate to your height.
- For instance, if you are six feet tall, you should sleep in a bag that is roughly the same length.
- However, don’t assume that a six-foot sleeping bag will fit perfectly. A six-foot sleeping bag is actually around six feet eight inches long and gives a six-foot person the extra space needed for a proper fit.
- Why the extra space? When we lie down, our spine decompresses, our feet fall forward, and our body expands.
- Consequently, sleeping bag designers make up for this by adding a few additional inches to the length.
- To save as much space as possible, choose a sleeping bag with a length that suits your needs.
What to Look for?
There are a few key points to keep in mind when choosing the best sleeping bags that zip together.
The type of comfort you want depends on the shape of the sleeping bag.
- For example, the mummy-shaped types provide better warmth than rectangular-shaped sleeping bags, and this shape enables the bag to hold body heat more effectively.
- The rectangular-shaped bag designs allow maximum freedom of movement and offer maximum comfort compared to the mummy-shaped bags.
- So, when shopping for the best sleeping bag that zips together, always pay attention to your preferred option.
A synthetic double sleeping bag is more likely to work best than down sleeping bags in damp environments. Knowing this, you can easily choose the best bag for the weather.
C) Temperature Rating
When shopping for the best sleeping bags that zip together, temperature rating is an important feature to consider.
- Temperature ratings mean the average person is uncomfortable at temperatures below this rating.
- Therefore, when choosing the best sleeping bag that zips together, we recommend you buy a product that is about 20 degrees cooler than the minimum expected overnight temperatures.
You should look for a sleeping bag that fits your height. Not all double sleeping bags are suitable for people over six feet.
Best Sleeping Bags that Zip Together
Here are the top 6 best sleeping bags that zip together on the market today:
1. Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag
If you are looking for the comfort of a king-size bed in a sleeping bag, the Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag is the right choice for you.
- Although this bag is specially designed for temperatures of 32 degrees or more, it is ideal for all three seasons.
- This best zip together sleeping bags for couples is perfect if you are planning a hike or a camping trip.
- The outer layer of the bag is strong and soft, with a silky lining for a real sleep feeling.
- The outer shell is waterproof and crafted from strong polyester to increase the bag’s durability.
- Inside, the sleeping bag is made from a combination of cotton and Tetron fabrics. Sleepingo comes with two warm sleeping pillows, so you need not worry about buying them separately.
- Overall, the Sleepingo Double Sleeping Bag is a versatile sleeping bag that zips together.
- These backpacking sleeping bags that zip together can be a magnificent piece for you if you like outdoor trips and have young children and want to enjoy your campsite with a bag that has plenty of room for you.
2. REDCAMP Cotton Flannel Sleeping Bags
Manufactured by REDCAMP, this lightweight sleeping bag is perfect for you whether you are camping or hiking.
- The 5.5 pounds weight of this compressed bag allows you to store your camping essentials with little effort.
- The top case is durable. This sleeping bags that zip together to make a double is made of 210T polyester ripstop material, which makes the bag waterproof.
- The inside is lined with soft flannel fabric for a comfortable feel. It is filled with high-quality 3D synthetic fibers to keep you warm and ensure optimal insulation.
- This sleeping bags you can zip together can be used in summer, spring, and autumn.
- This sleeping bag has an inverted zipper. The zippers are glued with anti-hook tape, which makes them easy to close from the outside or inside without getting stuck. The bag can be zippered together for two people.
3. Big Agnes Anvil Horn (650 DownTek. Sleeping Bag
The Big Agnes Anvil Horn Sleeping Bag offers a spacious, rectangle-shaped sleeping bag with a Flex Pad on the bottom.
- With tons of features, compressible insulation, as well as technical construction and fabrics, this comfy sleeping bag is designed to be lightweight enough for camping trips yet cozy.
- The Flow construction and streamlined silhouette increase its thermal efficiency, keeping you warm all night.
- The Flex Pad sleeve easily unites with your pad and will keep you from rolling off the pad as you change positions while sleeping.
- The 2-way, anti-snag locking zippers offer easy opening and closing.
- These Big Agnes zip together sleeping bags feature a jacket-style hood with internal cinch control that gives you complete control to fully seal-up or vent and lockout any unwanted heat.
- The combination of a ripstop outer covering and soft taffeta lining creates the ideal balance of comfortable, super-light, and durable.
4. TETON Sports Mammoth Queen-Size Double Sleeping Bag
Teton Sports Mammoth Queen-Size is the ideal sleeping bag for two people to enjoy their camping experience.
- With a large sleeping space, this bag weighs around 7.5kg and can be slightly heavier than other bags.
- These zip together mummy bags come with three zippers on each side and the bottom of the bag for easy assembly.
- The zipper at the bottom of the bag allows ventilation and the full opening of the bag. The inner lining of this bag is made from flannel, which gives you a feeling of warmth and comfort.
- These down sleeping bags that zip together come with a hollow fiber padding that better maintains heat. The padding is padded correctly on the inside with stepped seams to keep it in place.
- So if you are looking for a sleeping bag that is worth your money and budget, then the TETON Sports Mammoth Queen-Size Double Sleeping Bag is for you.
5. Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag
The Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag has excellent heat retention ability, so it can offer all the warmth you need on a camping trip.
- The ripstop polyester cover is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about your bag getting soaked.
- This mummy sleeping bags that zip together has a Zip Flow system that prevents snagging or jamming while zipping.
- The mummy-shaped design and quilted stitch will ensure there are no cold spots from sewing creases. This fantastic sleeping bag comes with a Thermolock draft and an insulated foot box that helps keep you warm inside the bag.
- Additionally, this sleeping bag zip together has a semi-sculpted hood that can be tightened using the integrated drawstring to maximize its warmth.
- Its rectangular-shaped bottom allows you to move more comfortably while sleeping.
- The earthy color of the Coleman 0°F Mummy Sleeping Bag makes it perfect for outdoor use.
6. Coleman Brazos Cold Weather Sleeping Bag
The Coleman Brazos Cold Weather Sleeping Bag has a Fiberlock construction that prevents insulation from shifting, thus extending the life of the bag.
- For its price, this unit is warmer and more durable than some pricier bags on the market.
- It features a draft tube along the zipper that keeps the body heat from escaping.
- The plush material on the edge of the bag gives campers a soft and relaxing comfort close to the face while sleeping.
- The no-snag zipper system helps move the bag’s material away from the zipper, preventing snags.
- The Coleman Brazos Cold Weather Sleeping Bag is the ideal option for those that want good warmth at a reasonable price.
Our top recommendation for the best sleeping bags that zip together is the Teton Sports Double Sleeping Bag.
- It features a soft inner lining that will make you feel like you are sleeping on a cloud.
- It comes with a durable compression bag that you can put your sleeping bag in.
- Also, it has a hood to keep your head warm and extra padding along the zipper and around the shoulder to keep the bag warm.
Having the best sleeping bag that zips together makes it convenient to convert a compact sack into a comfortable bed on which you and your partner can lay amidst the hot or cold weather.
While shopping for the best option for you, ensure you check the outer layer and temperature of the bag for your safety.
- “The Benefits of Camping for Marriage – A Bicycle For Two”. Accessed September 12, 2020. Link.
- “How to choose a sleeping bag | MEC Learn”. Accessed September 12, 2020. Link.