Ice Age National Scenic Trail
The Ice Age National Scenic Trail travels through the edges of the glacier that passed into Wisconsin.
Wisconsin’s Ice Age Trail is one of the best national scenic trail stretching about 1200 miles in the USA. The Ice Age Trail Alliance currently maintains this trail.
This trail is open mainly for hiking, but other activities are allowed where the trail follows different existing routes. This national park is excellent for numerous backpacking opportunities and camping. There are shelters on the Kettle Moraine State Forest.
Alliance has a unique “cold cache” program to promote hikers to explore glacial features along the trail using GPS receivers.
National Park Service
Plane – Commercial airports are located in major cities and regional communities at varying distances from the Ice Age National Scenic Trail.
Car – Public roads and highways access the Ice Age National Scenic Trail at numerous locations.
Public Transportation – Selected points on or near the Ice Age National Scenic Trail are accessible by public transportation.
700 Rayovac Drive, Suite 100
- “Ice Age National Scenic Trail (U.S. National Park Service)”. Accessed May 25, 2020. Link.
Near By Parks
- Pike Lake State Park
- Illinois and Michigan Canal National Heritage Corridor
- Ronald Reagan Boyhood Home Preservation Foundation
- Horicon National Wildlife Refuge
- Leopold Wetland Management District
Near By Campgrounds
- Adeline Jay Geo Karis Illinois Beach State Park
- Apple River Canyon State Park
- Castle Rock State Park
- Chain O Lakes State Park
- Franklin Creek State Natural Area
- Lake Le Aqua Na State Recreation Area
- Lena KOA
- Lowden State Park
- Moraine Hills State Park
- Oconnells Yogi Bear Jellystone Park Camp Resort
- Pine Country
- Rock Cut State Park
- Shabbona Lake State Park
- White Pines Forest State Park
- Arrowhead Resort Campground
- Big Foot Beach State Park
- Blue Mound State Park
- Crystal Lake
- Devils Lake State Park
- Fond Du Lac Eden KOA
- Fremont Jellystone Park Campground
- Governor Dodge
- Harrington Beach State Park
- Hartman Creek State Park
- High Cliff State Park
- Kettle Moraine Sf Southern Unit
- Kettle Moraine Sf(NORTHERN 1)
- Kettle Moraine Sf(NORTHERN 2)
- Kettle Moraine Sf(NORTHERN 3)
- Kohler Andrae State Park
- Lake Kegonsa
- Madison KOA
- Mirror Lake State Park
- Nascar Rv Resort At Westward Ho
- New Glarus Woods State Park
- Pike Lake Unit Kel Moraine Sf
- Plymouth Rock Rv
- Point Beach State Forest
- Richard Bong State Recreation Area
- Roche A Cri State Park
- Rocky Arbor State Park
- Sandhill Station Campground
- Wisconsin Dells KOA
- Yellowstone Lake State Park
- Yukon Trails Rv Resort